QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a common error that occurs when the user is attempting to launch a company file and a message will appear on your screen as “Error code 80070057: The Parameter is incorrect”. This message indicates that the user doesn’t have permission to delete the files from the specific folder. Additionally, the user may also get the error 80070057 QuickBooks when they attempt to access the company file from a workstation that is placed on a server.
Before troubleshooting the error code 80070057, you need to go through the causes that may lead to this error. After that, we have provided you with instant solutions that will assist you in fixing the same error.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 80070057?
The following is the list of symptoms of QuickBooks Error code 80070057:
- If the PC is not working properly.
- Your computer starts freezing for a while.
- You will get an error message 80070057 while installing QuickBooks.
- You may be facing errors during shutdown or start up the Windows.
Why QuickBooks Error 80070057 takes place?
QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 appears on your screen due to the following reasons:
- Due to the change in the company file extension, QuickBooks is unable to read your company file.
- If the Windows file extension for QuickBooks is not correct type: .qbb, .qbx, .qbm.
- Damage in the QuickBooks installation may also lead to QuickBooks Error Code 80070057.
- When you are accessing a third-party firewall which is not configured for QuickBooks.
- You are running a file that is placed on the USB flash drive.
- If the user attempts to launch a portable file without launching QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks detects the damage in the company file while installing QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
Before applying the solutions listed below, you may also use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. This tool will automatically detect the error and resolve it effortlessly. You just need to download it form the Intuit Website. If you are still facing QuickBooks error code 80070057, then we have illustrated all the probable solutions to resolve the error 80070057 QuickBooks. One of the following solutions will definitely help you in getting rid of 80070057 QuickBooks error:
Solution 1: Check the File Name Extension.
- Run the company file.
- Select Properties and then select the QuickBooks tab.
- Type the file extension.
- Select OK.
Give a new name to File Extension.
- Make a new folder.
- Give a new name to the file extension to .qbm.
- Save the changes that have been done recently.
- Restore the portable.
- Retitle the extension to .qbb when you are experiencing issues while launching QuickBooks.
- Now, you require to restore the backup.
- If you are facing in launching the company file, give a new title to the extension as .qbx.
- Open QuickBooks convert to an accountant copy.
Copy and Paste the Company File in another folder.
- Launch the Windows Explorer with launching QuickBooks.
- In the File menu, select and right-click on the New Folder.
- Now, you have to Copy the companyfile.QBW from the Flash drive.
- Paste this company file in a New Folder.
- At last, you can open QuickBooks and the New Folder.
Solution 2: Clean installation of QuickBooks Software.
Under this method, you first need to uninstall QuickBooks. After that, you require to give new names to the existing applications. Once you are done, then you can install the QuickBooks Software again. This complete process is known as the clean installation of QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks to the latest version.
- Firstly, you need to choose Update QuickBooks in the Help menu.
- Open Update Now tabs and select Reset Update box only if you want to delete the previous update downloads.
- Choose Get Updates and launch QuickBooks.
- Lastly, check whether the error code 80070057 QuickBooks is fixed or not.
Solution 4: Run the QuickBooks Company File properly.
Launch QuickBooks before opening the company file and after that, perform the steps written below:
- If you are working on the Windows version 8, choose the Windows key and select Choose All Programs.
- If you are accessing the Windows version 8 or 10, enter into QuickBooks.
- Now, you need to choose the version of QuickBooks that you want to run.
- Ensure that the company file is opened or not.
- If you are still unable to open the company file, then select Open and check whether the error code 80070057 QuickBooks is appearing.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks as Administrator.
- Choose QuickBooks and right-click on it.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- Verify that the error 80070057 QuickBooks is still persisting or not.
Solution 6: Place the Company file on another drive.
- Make a new folder on the C:/drive.
- Place the company file on the drive.
- Now, check that all workstations are able to access the company file.
Solution 7: Configure the firewall settings.
- Add exceptions in the firewall.
- Change the firewall setting by following the firewall provider’s instructions. By doing this, you will be able to receive and send the data.
- If QuickBooks error 80070057 still persists, re-install firewall software.
Solution 8: Configure BitDefender Antivirus Software.
- Access the BitDefender10.0 main menu, after that, choose Antivirus.
- Select Custom Level.
- Choose to Exclude path from the scan.
- Select the new item.
- Then, select the UNC path which is used to browse the file.
QuickBooks errors create interruption for its users and hamper their efficiency of working. In this blog, the causes behind QuickBooks Error 80070057 have been outlined. To resolve all the root causes, the solutions have been provided accordingly. If the problem still appears, then you are suggested to get in touch with our experts on our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-412-7852. We have a dedicated team of professionals who have more than 10 years’ experience to deal with any kind of technical issue.